Thursday 9 August 2007

Another poor tennant....

again, lifted from Gaijinpot....

http://www.gaijinpot.com/bb/showthread.php?t=39836&highlight=sakura+house

"Because some people in the building haven't been separating their garbage correctly, the management company has decided to put very large garbage bins INSIDE the hallways on each floor of the building for trash deposit days. I have never known--even in the most horrid rundown ghetto flats--any building to put garbage bins INSIDE the building. Obviously the management company was frustrated and decided this was their last resort. But now we will likely get: Terrible garbage smells right outside our doors in the halls, have to take our shoes off and walk the same floor where a public garbage bin sits, and worst of all the roaches and rats will love this development and I'm very worried about a pest surge coming now. So to recap: REALLY great location, tiny apartment, not expensive. But frankly I've never lived in a building where the garbage was put right in the hallway to sit and rot outside your door (keep in mind this hallway is 'inside' the building, not an outside walkway). I feel offended, and I feel like the company is just abusing us because we're gaijin in a weak position. Sure, a few people didn't sort their garbage, that's very bad (I'm very diligent about sorting my garbage), but this solution is extreme in my opinion.I feel like I should move. Other than this, I have no problems with the building or the management, but this seems like a big deal. If you were in my shoes would you move, or stay and deal with the possible smelly hall, dirty floor and roaches, to keep the great location?
"

This was an interesting comment posted ....

"other people seem to have had issues with sakura house and pests (bedbugs at sakura hostel!!)http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...n.html#8296916

Agree with the posts regarding contacting the local kuyakusho or police to see if they can do anything. Must be awful to have garbage inside with the current temperatures. Maybe they should call themselves Sakura Gokiburi House."

No comments: