Wednesday 22 August 2007

rats at Sakura House

even people being nice about it talk of rats in the Sakura House accommodation....


http://biginjapan.japanphotographer.com/biginjapan/2003/01/
"
First, Mr. Smithers. Smithers is a rat who treads the topside of the first-floor ceiling much like I used to tread upon my floors of my parents' house, which is to say like a herd of frickin' buffalo. I've seen a silhoutte of the Mister, and a sewer rat he's not. Kind of thin, at least from the shadow his body cast upon the frosted glass door, a little bony around the edges.
But he doesn't do much, as far as rats go. Many of the 15 of us here keep food in our rooms, since the kitchen doesn't have the cupboard space, and that wastrel Smithers hardly has shown the fortitude to go foraging in private rooms.
So I think Smithers, the rat with buffalo hooves, is harmless. He's just a bit mischievious, with a fondness for scaring the more faint-hearted residents of Sakura House Hiroo.
"

No comments: